Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Another Lesson In College Readiness

Yesterday in Mr. L Washington class, we read an article that was about a teenager that was homeless, had a kid, and still graduate from her high school. She had a scholarship that gave us $80,000 dollars. I forgot what college she's going to but I heard that the college that she attended is really good school and one of the best school's. Then, we talked about how some people are given to things and don't use it in their advantage. So, nobody should have an excuse of not passing classes or graduating, because this women was homeless and had kid and nothing stop her! It didn't stop her to get her education, it didn't stop her to go to school either. Her determination and hard working ethic made her to become successful. When I read this article, it gave me a perspective and a goal when I leave high school. When I go to college I don't want to be a drop out or lazy on my work. I want to go hard in every class that I'm taking in college, because I know their are many people that are going harder than other people. I know I'm going to be distracted in college but I hope even tho I can be distracted, I can still do my work. Reading this article should give everyone a perspective about themselves because It's sad how this teenager had nothing, but still conquer her goals to be educated. I'm proud of her! Hopefully that can be me. I just have to put in the extra effort, but I know I can.

1 comment:

  1. She sounds like a very inspiring young lady. I hope you do great in college!

    ReplyDelete